How to create a short FTC Compliant Link?
You can shorten any valid network address and make your short wow.link 100% FTC compliant. Here is the step by step guide:
1. Create a short link right from the header of wow.link website:
Copy and paste or type the destination address in the text field shown above and click the “Shorten” button.
2. Alternatively, you can also create a short link from the “Create” menu on top of any page. In the drop-down menu select “Short link”. Make sure that you are signed in your account as FTC compliant links are available only for registered users.
In the new pop-up window enter the destination URL into the “Destination URL” text field.
In the “Create a link” pop-up window you can customize your short link by typing any right-half text or symbol of the link which has not been used before. This will allow to make your link recognizable and clear:
Note that you can also set up UTM for advanced click tracking by clicking the “UTM” sign.
3. Select the type of the link (domain that will be used for your short link) from the drop-down list as shown below:
Now your short link has a disclosure statement right in the body of the short URL (e.g. “sponsored link” in the illustration shown above) and can be considered as FTC-Compliant.
4. Furthermore, you can make your short link 100% FTC-Compliant by enabling interstitial page with FTC disclosure.
The interstitial page with FTC disclosure statement will appear on the user screen for 3 seconds prior to redirecting the user to the final destination page. Note that you can disable interstitial page anytime, change type of the interstitial page or change the duration of the disclosure appearance on the user screen on the “Short Link Settings” page.
The disclosure on the interstitial page will be automatically selected depending on the chosen type of your short link (advertisement, paid, sponsored, affiliate etc.).
The example of the interstitial page is given below:
5. You can always change the settings for your FTC-Compliant link on the page with your short link settings. For example, you can unselect (disable) interstitial page (#1), choose another interstitial page (#2) or change the time and the way the user gets redirected from the interstitial page to the destination page (#3).